How it’s like using an iPhone 7 in 2020.


Many people, be it an iPhone or any other mobile device users have this very thought of  iPhone 7 to be particular that is it still worth buying? is it still a good idea to be committed to your old iPhone? If you have the same school of thought then this blog is absolutely for you, this blog will clarify many question about old iPhones
models popping in your mind. Read it till the end.

Note: My intent is not to defame Apple or promote any brands, I’m just sharing my personal experience about using iPhone 7.

iPhone 6 was released on September of 2014 and iPhone 7 two years later. I am going to share my personal experience what level of performance it still delivers after the new releases of superior models. I bought this iPhone 7 (matte black) in 2018 while I was in Delhi doing a corporate job. It is my first Apple buy and I was quite elevated. I chose matte black because black is one of my favourite colour when it comes to gadgets. Later, I realised that buying any other colour options would have been a better decision. I know the colour black looks classy. After a year of  cautious use, while I was cleaning the back of my  phone I saw few little white spots at the edge which increased later and spread all over the back panel, I was very dissatisfied with the quality of the paint. This  is one major stumbling block that Apple should take care of for the upcoming devices if they’re planning to reinvent metal body. 

However, I appreciate it’s  processor. It is powered by a 2.34 GHz quad-core A10 fusion processor and it comes with 2 GB RAM. It gives a very smooth experience say gaming, launching large apps, multitasking different apps at the same time. It gave me an amazing experience as compared to the devices I used before although it is limited to the newer models. I personally had a very good experience with its performance and speed besides gaming. I am a person who loves playing games, neither more nor less   I used to play PUBG, sadly Indian government banned it now. Well, that not the point, I encountered issues like fast battery drain, Heating issues to the extreme level and also the game lags which is why it is limited to the new models. The newer models are equipped with more powerful processors the A11 Bionic chip. which first appeared IPhone 8 models and now with iPhone 11 models, they upgraded it to A13 Bionic processors, which is known as the most powerful processor in a mobile device. iPhone 7 processor is no where near compared to these monsters. In processor aspect my iPhone 7’s experience is mixed. 

Thirdly comes the  design, design is one of the most important factor while building anything. iPhone 7 design comes handy with a premium metallic body, it just fits perfectly in my hand. It comes with a 4.70 inch screen, body dimensions 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 inch). I prefer slim designs on any phones that easily fits in my palm and the metallic body eliminates worrying about dropping my phone unlike the newer models glass body which could easily break.
One thing that strikes me is about their idea of getting rid of the headphone jack forcing millions of people to buy lighting or Bluetooth headphones.
However, the overall design is elegantly slim and looks classy in your hand and that’s a plus point.

Now, let’s talk about the battery life of my iPhone, I’m not a big fan of iPhone 7 battery. It’s life is moderate (1960 mAh). After two years using it, my phones battery health decreased to 80%. It drains very quickly now. I have to stick it to its charger anytime I’m using it for gaming or watching videos, it takes about 40 minutes to get fully charged and it drains out quickly in the same amount of time. Maybe it’s time to get it replaced and I am thinking to get it done. It may cost me about 6-7 thousands Indian rupees. I had been thinking to get it replaced, not having enough money I could not. However, I’ll get it done as soon as possible.

I don’t mean to portray the bad sides of iPhone 7. It has many comforting prospects, using an Apple device solaced the bad experiences with my previous devices, it doesn’t hang, smoothness of the touch, how it fits perfectly in my hand and gives a premium feeling. The layout which makes it super easy for me to use. It is resistant to water, I love it very much.  Every device or anything in this world are limited to something, similarly iPhone 7 has its own positive and negative sides. Say, it was not meant for gaming that’s the reason it doesn’t give good performance while  playing games. I am happy with what it has been giving me since 2018. I’m very much satisfied with the performance and it was a worthy purchase for me. I love my iPhone 7 and never thought about upgrading or switching to another brand, it still gives what I need. 

Thank you guys for being patient and reading my blog. Please share your own experiences about your iPhones in the comment section. I love you all.


BeastPurchase
Helping people make the BeastPurchase.

To get in touch:
Facebook: @beastpurchase
Instagram: beastpurchase11

Image credit: Jelle van Leest https://unsplash.com/@jelle_van_leest



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sony Bravia tv review

How is new OnePlus 8T?

Gift for Durga Puja| Durga Puja gifts