Amazon vs Flipkart who is better? | Flipkart and Amazon comparison
Amazon and Flipkart are the two most looked upto e-commerce platforms in India. According to research Flipkart dominates Amazon India with 31.9% market share. However, the difference in shares between the two giants are not significant. Amazon India is behind with 31.2% market share. Amazon is an American multinational corporation founded by Jeff Bezos on 5 July 1994, where as, Flipkart is an Indian company founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal on Oct. 2007.
In this article, you will learn which one is better, Amazon or Flipkart in the e- commerce game and in what aspect one is better than its competitor. This comparison is based solely on my own research and personal experience as I have been using these platforms for a considerable amount of time now.
Deals and offers
If we talk about deals and offers, I see Amazon runs more offers and promotions as compared to Flipkart. In fact, Amazon India has a separate program/feature called ‘Today’s deals’ loaded with amazing offers like 10%-20% cash backs on selected payment cards, coupons, recharges and discounts on selected products on various categories which you might see less in case of Flipkart and that’s one of the reason why I like Amazon. Where as, in Flipkart I find it hard to remember the last offer I saw apart from Big billion Day sales.
To check today’s deal feature:
Step 1: After logging in to amazon.in account, click on thethree horizontal lines at the extreme top left corner.
Step 2: Scroll down until you see ‘Today’s Deal’ under ‘Programs and feature’ and tap to see the current deals and offers.
Customer service
Hands down, Amazon’s customer service is one of the best world wide. Amazon strives to become the Earth’s most customer centric company and CEO Jeff Bezos leave no stone unturned. Where as, in Flipkart I do not see customers as satisfied as Amazon customer service does. Amazon makes it hassle free for their customers to reach them, it is much easier to reach Amazon customer service as compared to Flipkart. To contact Amazon you get options like call, email, chat support or even you can schedule a call from Amazon which Flipkart fails to offer. In customer service part Amazon takes away the trophy.
Products
Smart phones: According to research, when it comes to smartphones availability, Flipkart sells more budget smartphones as compared to its competitor, where as, availability of premium smartphones is more in Amazon facilities. It has a large collection of high end and latest flagship smartphones, but if you are looking for something under a tight budget I would definitely suggest you to go for Flipkart.
Groceries: Amazon has a better availability in groceries than Flipkart. Amazon has a given a separate category for groceries under “Groceries & Gourmet foods”, the same in Flipkart is mixed and confusing not having any separate category.
Clothing: when it comes to clothing Flipkart pulls the ladder behind Amazon. When we buy clothes we get to see Flipkart has a separate set up especially for fashion and accessories like Myntra while Amazon do not have anything like that. In this aspect clearly Flipkart is ahead of Amazon.
Membership
Flipkart has a membership program for their loyal and valued customers where they get to enjoy free, fast delivery and early access to sale events without any membership fees unlike Amazon prime where customers has to pay ₹129 per month or ₹999 per year. Flipkart Plus membership can be availed after spending a certain amount of money on shopping in their site. However, Amazon prime gives free access to prime videos in addition to free, fast delivery and early access to sale events. Amazon also have a separate application called ‘Amazon prime’ for video streaming which we do not get to see in Flipkart Plus.
Service
I have bought products from both Amazon and Flipkart many a time. I found Amazon’s service faster than Flipkart. I say this because when I order an item on Flipkart the estimated delivery date provided is lengthy as 9-10 days whilst in Amazon it is estimated to be 6-7 days at the same address, some time they deliver it even before the estimated delivery date. When you order products from Amazon you get to see the item earlier than Flipkart. Fast service is an important factor that determines how good a particular company is.
User interface
What is a user interface? It simply means how a user and the website/application interact.
In terms of user interface, I find Flipkart’s website more user friendly making it easy to browse the products. Flipkart adequately listed the categories of their products at the top of the homepage making it very convenient and easy for customers to find the products. In Amazon, the website user interface is not very pleasant and user friendly. Flipkart’s website allows you to filter products on your search list according to your wants. Example, you are looking for a particular shoe size to appear when you search for a shoe, you can simple tap on ‘filter’ and click on the desired size you want, the website automatically will display the shoes of that particular size that you have selected. Amazon do have the same features. However, it is easier and comfortable to do certain tasks in Flipkart’s website.
Amazon is a huge multinational corporation and operates 15 worldwide market places. It operates globally in a large scale while Flipkart runs within India in a small scale. However, within India these two giants play the main role in thee-commerce game.
As far as I have experienced the services of both, I prefer associating more with Amazon than Flipkart. Because of their faster and smooth delivery, fast and helpful customer care service. I shop on Flipkart only when I don’t find something on Amazon. Choices may vary from person to person or good and bad experienceswith them. I would love to know which one is your favourite, Amazon or Flipkart and why? Please let me know in the comments. Also, if you have found this article useful and cleared any doubts you had regarding this topic, please let me know, it will motivate me to write more blogs on useful and knowledgeable topics.
Thank you so much for reading this blog!
BeastPurchase
Helping people make the BeastPurchase.
To get in touch
Facebook: BeastPurchase
Instagram: beastpurchase11
Comments
Post a Comment